A guide to prepare people for a MRI Scan
Preparing oneself for a MRI Scan is quite a daunting task. Added to this, if you are going for a MRI scan for the first time, then it must be more challenging.If you have been switching from one website to another in search of guidelines which can help to prepare you for a MRI, then you have landed on the right page.
As we all know the fact that in MRI Scan, various radio and magnetic waves along with technology are used to examine and test the body. A person who is planning to under-go a MRI should check with the doctor once again if they have any of the below-listed conditions-
- History of kidney problems
- Skin tattoos
- Neurostimulators (TENS-unit)
- Implanted drug infusion device (i.e., insulin pump)
- Exposure of metal fragments to your eye
- Artificial heart valves
- Aneurysm clips
- Cochlear implants
- Metallic implants and prosthesis
- Vascular stent or stent graft
- History as a metal worker
- Shrapnel or bullet wounds
- Dorsal column stimulators
- Allergy to iodine, or gadolinium
- History of diabetes
- Other conditions you believe to be relevant
Some of the other things for which a patient should be prepared while taking a MRI scan are-
- You will be asked to take off all your jewelry and other valuable items. This is because; with the strong magnetic radiations you can be harmed by the jewelry.
- It is always better to arrive at the clinic 30 minutes earlier to do all the formalities and form filling before the test.
What exactly happens during a MRI Scan?
The average duration of such test is 45 minutes for one body. However, it can increase or decrease depending from person to person. The patient is usually asked to lie down completely still and the specific part of the body which needs to be examining by the MRI scan is placed right under the magnet.
Once, you have finally made up your mind to under-go the MRI scan then there are many factors you should keep in mind-
- Look for the best MRI Scan center
It is very important to look for such a center which offers the best quality of services. A person can find many good MRI scan in Bangalore. The MRI scan centers in Bangalore are known to be equipped with all the latest machines and highly experienced staff.
- Make no delays in your MRI scan
From the moment you have been asked to take a MRI scan each and every second is precious and you should immediately get it done. This is because, it is a matter of one’s body and even the tiny delay can cost someone his/her whole life.
- Enquire about the test charges
One should always consult two or more MRI scan centers to know about the fee they are charging. It is because, this is one of the most expensive medical scan a person has to pay for.
So, these are a few things you need to keep in mind.