What to Consider Before Installing Hardwood Flooring
If you are remodeling or building a house, there are many decisions that you need to make but in the end, you just want to create a beautiful and warm place that you can call home. When it is time to choose your home flooring, you should consider hardwood flooring installation suwanee ga.
Hardwood floors are ideal because it can last for decades – if you take good care of it. To help you get started, here are things to consider before installing hardwood flooring:
Type of hardwood flooring
You should know that there are many types of hardwood floors. The types include the following:
- Maple: this hardwood is one of the most popular because of its subtle grain pattern, which works well in both small and large spaces.
- Rosewood: you will know rosewood because of its unique grain patterns.
- Walnut: this flooring looks exotic and dark. It is versatile, which can look great in most homes. In fact, this is one of the strongest hardwoods on the market.
- Hickory: this flooring is rustic, which adds to its appeal. It is also durable, which is ideal if you are looking for something that can withstand a lot of foot traffic.
- Ash: this flooring is ideal if you are looking for a very hard wood, which is less expensive. There are different types of ash so it is crucial you do your research at the onset.
- Mahogany: this flooring is often considered because of its elegance. Typically, mahogany floors improve with age. Although it is slightly more expensive, the value is worth it.
- Oak: this is one of the most popular looks in hardwood floors. Oak is timeless and it is particularly highly resistant to wear. What’s best is it comes in different colors so it will look great in any home.
Solid wood vs. engineered woods
You should also choose between solid woods and engineered woods. Put in mind that solid woods are labor intensive and much more expensive. However, engineered woods are easier to install since they can be nailed down or glued.
The price of the hardwood flooring
When it comes to hardwood flooring, you should remember that not everything that is expensive is of the best quality. The price of the hardwood flooring will depend on the cost of materials and how it was transported. If the flooring is imported from another country, you should expect that it will cost a lot.
Hardwood flooring maintenance
Another thing that you should consider is maintenance. Bear in mind that each hardwood type requires different methods of cleaning. You need to clean it accordingly to ensure that you maintain its original look. Usual waxing and sweeping will do but you should also consider formulated cleaning items.
Method of payment
If you are short on cash, you need to look for stores that accept credit card payments. This can help you at the end of the day. However, you have to ensure that the specific store accepts your particular credit card. With this, it is best to check with the store first before you make a purchase.