What to Wear and Not to Wear During Zumba Exercise
In essence, exercise can help you lose weight and lower your risk of some diseases. At the end of the day, it can help you look better. These are the reasons why many choose to be active. There are many fitness programs that you can partake but the most popular today is Zumba.
Zumba is a dance fitness program that infuses Latin dance moves and beats. It is irresistible because of the energy that will urge everyone to move. You should expect to groove to different styles like Salsa, Merengue, Flamenco, Cha Cha, Samba, Tango, Belly dancing and even Hip hop. Since it involves different dance styles, it is crucial that you know what to wear and not to wear so you will be comfortable.
What to wear
Whether it is New Year New Zumba dance in Thailand or not, you should know what to wear. Keep in mind that wearing the right clothing is an integral part of partaking in Zumba. You should consider wearing the following:
• Tops: when choosing for tops, make sure that it is made of a true performance fabric.
The fabric should be flexible, breathable and moisture wicking. Wicking means fabrics that keep the sweat away from the skin, which can help it to quickly evaporate thereby keeping your body cool. Look for clothing that contains polypropylene.
• Bra: aside from the top, you need to choose the right bra. You need to get a bra that boasts of support. It should restrict your breast from moving and chafing excessively during exercise. The material is also critical when looking for the right bra. Like the tops, look for a sports bra that can wick the sweat away.
• Shoes: keep in mind that there are specific shoes that should be worn for Zumba. You need to look for shoes that are manufactured by dance shoe companies. If you cannot find one, at least look for shoes that are light, breathable and designed for side movements.
What not to wear
Your choice of clothing should not interfere with your dancing and other exercise moves. You should avoid wearing the following:
- Cotton tops: you should keep away from cotton because there will be a lot of sweating. Cotton shirts should be avoided because it can absorb sweat and do not release quickly. If you wear a wet cotton shirt, it will irritate the skin and can cause chills.
- Long sleeve shirt: in some exercises, it is better to wear layers to keep you warm and burn fat easily. However, in Zumba, it requires a lot of jumping, bouncing and moving around. Having a long sleeve shirt and other layered clothes can restrict your movement. When exercising, it is recommended to wear lightweight clothing leaving the extra layers behind.
- Silver threads: sports apparel companies that incorporate nanosilver. This is because nanosilver is claimed to fight molds, bacteria, and fungi. Nanosilver seems to be a good way to keep from smelling stale but after few washes, it will start to shed. When this happens, the clothing will have no bacteria fighting abilities. It is better to choose an article of clothing with high wicking capabilities.